Emerald Heights College Library, which collectively support for teaching, research and extension programs of the institute.
The Library strives for excellence in learning, teaching and research of the college by providing a student-centered learning environment that delivers information and services to its users.
Using technology innovatively for the flexible delivery of services and resources to users regardless of location. Selecting, acquiring, organizing, preserving and providing access to library materials and resources. Providing its users, with the tools required for independent thinking and lifelong learning.
LIBRARY WORKING HOURS
- Library Working Hours : 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM
- Circulation Hours :10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
- Reprographic Services :11.00 AM to 4.30 PM
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The library will be open from 9.30 am till 5.30 pm on all working days.
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline should be maintained in the library.
- No personal belongings are permitted inside the library.
- Only plain papers can be taken inside the library for any reference work.
- Use of mobile phones in the library is strictly forbidden.
- Library books should be handled with utmost care. Marking of any kind on the pages or folding of pages, corners or such acts are strictly forbidden. Mishandling or damage to the books will invite penalty.
- If any book issued by the library is lost or misplaced, the concerned borrower should replace the same with the latest edition of the book. Failure to replace will invite a penalty of twice the cost of the book.
- If the book is not returned on or before the due date, an overdue fine of One Rupee per day will be charged.
- The Library provides Photocopying service at a nominal cost.
- Reference books, journals, back volumes, project report, etc. will not be available for issue to anyone.
- Laptops may be used inside the library (with the audio muted).
- No library material can be taken out of the library without proper entry and permission.
- The librarian’s decision in matters relating to the administration of the library will be final.
- OPAC Service
- Online Resources access Service
- CD-ROM Search Service
- Lending Service
- Reference Service
- Current Awareness Service
- Information Display Service
- Readers guidance and User Orientation Programme
- Open Access Service
- Xerox/Photocopying service
- Computerized Library.
- Collection of Books, Journals and Magazines.
- Major Collections of E-books, E-Journals and E-databases access through LAN.
- Free Internet Access to access E-mails and Academic and Non Academic Web sites.
- Digital Library used for accessing E-Resources
- Digital Collections of Audio and Video materials
- Books 23292
- Back Volumes of Journals 130
- Book Bank 3256
- Non Book material 171
- Reference Books 1030
- News papers 03
- Journals 25
- Magazines –
- Online Database- INFLIBNET
|Category of Membership||No. of Books||Lending Period|
|Students Under Graduate||03||15 days|
|Students Post Graduate||03||15 days|
|Faculty Teaching||10||30 days|
|Non Teaching Staff||05||30 days|
Librarian : Dr.B.Vimala M.L.I.S,M.Phil,Ph.D
Area of the Library : 1320 sq feet
Seating capacity : 35
Number of Books available : 23292
Number of Journal / Magazines : 25
Computers with net access: yes
NAME : Dr .B.VIMALA
DEPARTMENT : LIBRARY SCIENCE
QUALIFICATION: B.SC., C.L.I.S, B.L.I.S, M.L.I.S, M.PHIL., PH.D.,
DESIGNATION : LIBRARIAN
NO OF EXPERIENCE: 11 YEARS